- ABOUT THE GUILD
- LOOKING TO BUY
- PROPERTIES TO LET
- LOOKING TO SELL
- PROPERTY SEARCH
- INTERNATIONAL SEARCH
- REGIONAL MAGAZINES
- PARK LANE OFFICE
- FIND AN AGENT
- NEW HOMES
- CONTACT US
- MEMBER AREA
Code of Conduct
Our Code of conduct is available in pdf format (152Kb). In order to view it you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader which is available for download here.
To download our Code of Conduct, please click here.
Membership of The Guild of Professional Estate Agents is offered subject to the following criteria:-
- Members are independent estate agents.
- The Membership is contingent upon ongoing good reputation of the Member and the adequate representation of The Guild of Professional Estate Agents for areas of Membership.
- Member Agents, Directors, Partners or Principals agree to adhere to The Guild's Code of Conduct.
- Guild Members' principal business activity is that of reputable independent estate agency practice and, as such, no Partner, Director nor Principal has been subject of a compulsory liquidation or bankruptcy nor subject to investigation or conviction of theft, fraud nor any estate agency malpractice.
- Members will carry Professional Indemnity cover to a minimum value of £250,000 to support their Code of Conduct and to cover any acts of negligence.
- Members will either belong to the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or The Ombudsman for Estate Agents.
Terms and Conditions
- Membership and participation are contingent upon the continuous adherence to and acceptance of the Membership criteria.
- Membership may be terminated with one month's written notification of termination by either party, after the minimum agreed period.
- Payment of the membership fees and other product purchased is to be by either a Direct Debit mandate or a monthly standing order.
- Members' materials are held, by The Guild, at the Members' own risk and should be insured by the Member against fire, theft and other damage.
- The Guild will not hold itself responsible for Members' materials which remain unclaimed after two months from receipt.
- All property details published by The Guild will only be accepted on condition that the Member warrants that the copy in no way contravenes the provisions of the Property Misdescriptions Act or any other recognised Code of Conduct.
- TheMember will indemnify The Guild, its printers and publishers against any damages or consequential loss that may be incurred as a result of publication following suitable proofing and approvals.
- The placing of any order by a Member constitutes an acceptance of the above criteria, terms and conditions.