When buyers view your property they often ask themselves: "Can I see myself living here?" You want the answer to be "Yes."
So, here are a few tips to get house-hunters to think of your space as their space and see the potential:
- It sounds simple, but decorating your home in neutral colours provides a blank canvas for buyers to make their mark on the property.
- Using lighter colours will reflect more sunlight making, rooms feel airy and spacious.
- Remove the excess clutter and unnecessary personal items from the floor, shelves and work surfaces.
- Consider putting some of your furniture and belongings into storage, this will create space and help you prepare for the move,
- Sensitively repair or remove broken or tired looking furniture, fixtures and fittings.
- Clean and tidy every room - clutter can make a house seem small and messy,
- Try to arrange viewings when children are at school; too many people in the house may make your home appear small or crowded.
- Using props and furnishings such as candles, flowers and paintings in moderation to stage rooms.
- Pets can be a turn-off for some buyers, so it is a good idea to remove pet hair, their beds and odours from the house.
Find your nearest Guild Member now.