Before renting a home, it's important to know the right questions to ask prior to moving in. We've compiled a list of useful questions you should ask the landlord or estate agent when viewing rented properties:
- When is the property available?
- What is the length of the contract?
- If you want to renew your contract, what are the renewal fees?
- Are any of the bills included?
- What furniture is included?
- What is the procedure for getting repairs done?
- Which deposit protection scheme do they use?
- What is the monthly rental amount?
- How do you end the tenancy, what is the process?
- How much notice do you need to give the agents when you want to leave?
TOP TIP: The rental market moves really fast, so you should be prepared to move quickly if you decide you like somewhere. Although, it is important not to be rushed into something you’re not happy with.