blog cover image

Your paperwork

Student Guides The Guild 24th April 2017

So you've viewed some properties and finally found the right rented home for you. But, do you know where your documents are?

Get the following prepared so that when it comes to your referencing checks and the agent’s necessary paperwork, you are ready. Remember that a guarantor may also need to provide some or all of these things too.

These are the things you’re likely to be asked for:

  • Passport
  • Proof of your current address (dated within the last three months)
  • Visa (if you need one)

  • University enrolment letter (if you're currently a student)
  • Employment reference 
  • Credit check
  • Current or previous landlord reference


If you have all of these prepared prior to choosing the right property for you, it will push the process along much quicker and you'll be living in your chosen home in no time!


©2024 The Guild of Property Professionals. All rights reserved. Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Complaints Policy | Members Login
GPEA Ltd. Registered in England & Wales.  Company No: 02819824.  Registered Office Address: 121 Park Lane, London W1K 7AG.  VAT Registration No: 576 8795 61
Book a Property Valuation Update Cookies Preferences